*** This app fills a gap in the region and is the only bird app available for Colombia! ***
Do you plan to go bird watching in Colombia? Then this is the app for you. It is based on the renowned reference work of the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images.
*** The app contains 5,600 illustrations and more than 4,000 bird songs and calls in total ***
The Dutch Birding Journal writes:
"Would I recommend this app to anyone going on a birding trip to Colombia or one of the other countries in Northern South America? For sure! ..., you will be provided with a load of information, a nearly complete set of bird sounds and a few useful tools and features for use in the field for relatively low money."
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available. They stand for completenss including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once or a few times in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- includes all 1,889 Colombian bird species
- 5,600 illustrations from the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America"
- all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variations
- more than 4,000 bird songs and calls!
- most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species
- spectrograms of all songs
- introduction contains hints and links on bird watching in Colombia
- detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- create sighting lists on a map via GPS and sort by place, date, group, and name
- make notes for each bird spotted
- a simple identification key narrows the species down
- sort and display species: A-Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic
Colombia is the “Land of Birds” with vast natural richness and a number of natural superlatives. With its nearly 1,900 species it covers about 20 % of the world's bird species population with 78 endemic species covered in this app.
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Latin
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, length of tail etc. leading to the bird searched for and a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name through a search screen – the search for “finch“, for example, shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
"All Birds Colombia" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
The app will continuously be developed further. All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!