*** This app contains all bird species ever recorded in Trinidad & Tobago ***
"All Birds Trinidad & Tobago" fills a gap in the region and is the only bird app available for the two islands! The app's content is mainly based on the second edition of "Birds of Trinidad and Tobago" by Martyn Kenefick, Robin Restall and Floyd Hayes. Comprehensive descriptions for each species were taken from the renowned two volume reference work "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images.
Located on the continental shelf of NE South America, the tropical islands of Trinidad & Tobago are host to an exceptionally rich and diverse avifauna. They have long been a popular birding destination for visiting birders who enjoy the sheer abundance of birds and relative ease of access to a diversity of habitats.
"All Birds Trinidad & Tobago" contains 1,200 illustrations and more than 950 bird songs and calls in total! The app also contains some species which haven't been recorded on T&T so far but are likely to be spotted if known what to look out for (some swallows and swifts). All of these are illustrated, too.
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once or a few times in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- includes all 492 bird species of Trinidad & Tobago including all vagrants
- selection of 1,200 illustrations from the reference work "Birds of Northern South America"
- including illustrations of all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variations
- 972 bird songs and calls
- most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species' accounts/ images / songs / maps
- spectrograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- make notes for each bird spotted
- a simple identification key narrows species down
- sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic
*** Ornithomedia schreibt: "Ergonomie agréable et claire" ***
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering ***
"All Birds Trinidad & Tobago" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
The app will be continuously developed further. All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!