*** This app contains all species ever recorded in Venezuela ***
This app fills a gap in the region and is the only bird app available for Venezuela! It is based on the renowned reference work of the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images. "All Birds Venezuela" contains 4,620 illustrations and more than 3,000 bird songs and calls in total!
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once or a few times in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- includes all 1,412 Venezuelan bird species including all vagrants
- selection of 4,620 illustrations from the reference work "Birds of Northern South America"
- all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variations illustrated
- 3,093 bird songs and calls
- most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- spectrograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- make notes for each bird spotted
- a simple identification key narrows species down
- sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic
*** Ornithomedia writes: "Ergonomie agréable et claire" ***
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering ***
"All Birds Venezuela" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
The app will be continuously developed further. All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!