*** This app is currently available only in German language ***
The app is the first version of our photo recognition mushroom app requires some basic knowledge as well as common sense when collecting and identifying mushrooms with this app. In total, 350 mushroom species are shown in 2,520 pictures.
*** Developed by biologists this app provides a good overview for beginners as well as advanced mushroom collecters! ***
Often the handling of a nature app is complicated – not in our case! SUNBIRD-Apps are well proven in their well-arranged and simple menu navigation and the high quality images which are essential for identification. Rare species which only confuse identification have consciously been omitted in this app.
This app has been developed by published biologists with more than 30 years experience in collecting mushrooms. This experience also helps the inexperienced gatherer to distinguish edible mushrooms from their poisonous doubles in the field. He learns which mushrooms grow under which trees and from the texts gains a lot of important information to each species.
*** A traffic light colour code instantly indicates an edible, inedible, or poisonous mushroom! ***
Each mushroom can be searched for by German or scientific name. Mushrooms can be sorted according to relatedness, alphabetically, or according to whether they are edible or not.
PilzSnap in brief:
- 350 different mushrooms
- each species is illustrated with selected photos showing the mushrooms in their natural environment
- easy to use picture based identification key
- introduction with tips and tricks for collecting mushrooms
- located mushrooms can be saved via GPS localisation
To each species there is elaborate information regarding:
- taxonomy (relatedness)
- habitat (where the mushroom grows)
- possibilities for confusion (similar species are listed)
- similar poisonous species
- type of poisoning
- first aid
- synonyms (other names the mushroom is known by)
*** All updates are free of charge ***