*** This mobile field guide includes all 2,311 bird species found in the Northern part of South America ***
It covers the countries Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Suriname, Guyana, French Guiana, Trinidad & Tobago and the Northern parts of Brazil and Peru. Each country can be displayed separately.
Do you plan to go bird watching in one - or all - of these countries? Then this is the app for you. The content is derived from the renowned Bloomsbury's Helm Guide "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino.
The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images.
*** The app contains 6,400 illustrations and more than 5,000 bird songs and calls in total ***
This app is part of the Sunbird Images GOLD LABEL series. Our GOLD LABEL apps excel through outstandingly complete content covering a vast abundance of species of large transnational regions in full detail. Unmatched and absolutely state-of-the-art! Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- includes all 2,311 bird species of Northern South American ever recorded
- select species for each country separately
- 6,400 illustrations show all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variants
- most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- filter endemic species or vagrants for each country
- 5,000 bird songs and calls
- sonograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- make notes for each bird spotted
- a simple id key makes species identification easy
- sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomically
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering ***
"All Birds Northern South America" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
The app will continuously be developed further. All updates are free of charge. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!